Films for the Whole Family
Switch off Netflix for the day and visit the real-life locations of your favourite films and television shows. Hollywood North is alive along Scenic7 and you can visit the filming locations of some of the biggest productions in the last 10 years.
Recreate iconic moments and try to take that perfect picture from the opening credits. This trip allows families with diverse movie preferences to share their favourite moments with one another.
- Place: Widgeon Marsh
- Production(s): Twilight
- Place: Upper Coquitlam River Park
- Production(s): Once Upon A Time, War for Planet of the Apes
- Place: Eagleridge Outdoor Pool
- Production (s): Diary of a Wimpy Kid
- Place: Riverview Hospital Lands
- Production (s): The X Files, Timeless, The 100, DC Legends of Tomorrow, Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, iZombie, Bates Motel, Supernatural and Lucifer
- Place: Golden Ears Park
- Production(s): Twilight, Godzilla, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, the A-team
- Billy Miner Pub and Port Haney Wharf
- Production(s): Honor Society, Perfect Recipe, Peak Season, Three Sisters
- Whonnock Lake Centre and Park
- Production(s): Virgin River, Float, Motherland, Little Ceasars, Turbo Tax, Bootcamp
- Wild Play Elements Park
- Production(s): Boot Camp, Tradewinds
- Place: Rocko’s Diner
- Production(s): Riverdale, Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief , Beyond, Horns
- Place: Stave Falls Power House
- Production(s): X Men 2, X-Files, The 100, DC Legends of Tomorrow
- Place: Mission Towing
- Production: Highway Thru Hell
- Place: Cascade Falls
- Production: Breaking Dawn Part 2
Agassiz/District of Kent
- Place: Pioneer Avenue (Agassiz Township)
- Production: Wayward Pines
- Place: Kilby Historic Site
- Production: Man In the High Castle
- Place: Coquihalla Canyon Provincial Park and Downtown
- Production(s): Rambo: First Blood
One Day Itinerary:
Follow the Scenic Highway 7 from Coquitlam to Hope: 1 H 36 mins (141.6 km) stopping at the various attractions listed above. Do plan to use the whole day as their is a lot to see along the drive.
Two Day Itinerary:
Make your way to Widgeon Mars, near Pitt Lake. Enjoy the trails in the park along with the beautiful scenery. Once you have spotted where Twlight was filmed, make your way to Upper Coquitlam River Park: 20 minutes. Drive by the Riverview Hospital Lands, or go enjoy Eagleridge pool , were Diary of a Wimpy Kid was filmed. From Coquitlam you can make your way to Golden Ears Provincial Park, stop here and explore the trails traveled by vampires, apes, and Godzilla alike. For your final destination of the day make your way to Mission, BC to see Stave Falls Powerhouse, and Rocko’s Diner; stop in for an authentic milkshake like Archie and Jughead. Spend the night.
From Mission, BC head out towards Agassiz/ District of Kent. Turn right on Sylvester Road, and make your way to Cascade Falls: 25 mins. This short 45 minute(round trip) walk leads to go a spectacular waterfall, where Twilight: Breaking Dawn Part 2 was filmed. From here, travel the scenic 7 highway to Kilby Historic Site: 41 mins. Next you’ll drive from Kilby to the township of Agassiz: 15 mins. Walk through Pioneer Avenue, where Wayward Pines was filmed. Continue back onto the Highway 7 for your final road-trip destination :the Othello Tunnels: 35 mins.
Cascade Falls- Twilight: Breaking Dawn Part 2
Drive the scenic
What is the Scenic7?
Also known as the Lougheed Highway, the Scenic 7 provides a link between Vancouver and Hope that is off the beaten path. From extreme adventures to simple, warm hospitality, there is something for everyone in Mighty Fraser Country.Communities & attractions